Publications and Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help residents make the most of our available programs and services. Download and print them from your own printer or contact us to request printed hard copies. Our printed materials utilize at least 30% PCW recycled paper, veggie/natural inks, and are recyclable.
Residential Service Guide
What Belongs in the Recyclables?
What Belongs in the Organics?
What Belongs in the Garbage?
What happens to your Recyclables?
What happens to your Organics?
What happens to your Garbage?
The Handy Kitchen Pail Flyer
Avoid Wishcycling and Reduction and Reuse Tips Flyer
- July – September 2021: Thank you for Helping Provide Safe, Clean, and Efficient Service, Zero Waste Tip – Make a Zero Waste Kit, Help Protect Our Sorting Staff, Proper Disposal of Ash, Compost Giveaway, Holiday Service Schedule.
- April – June 2021: Be a Sorting Pro!, Reduce, Reuse, Rethink, and Recycle BEFORE you Dispose, Create a Green Gardening Routine, Reduce Waste by Stopping Unwanted Mail, Proper Disposal of Sharps, and Holiday Service Schedule.
- January – March 2021: Neighborhood Clean-Up Days, Collection Rate Increase, Free Curbside Collection, Maintain Smoke Detectors and Carbon Monoxide Alarms, Minimize Water Pollution, and Holiday Service Schedule.
- October – December 2020: Don’t Waste Food!, Understanding Food Product Date Labels, Manage and Dispose of “FOG” Properly, The ACI of San Ramon Educational Portal, and Holiday Service Schedule.
- July – September 2020: Proper Curbside Set Out, Reduce Waste by Stopping Unwanted Mail, Holiday Service Schedule, Keep Our Recyclables Sorting Safe, Properly Dispose of Ash, Make a Compostable Liner for your Handy Kitchen Pail.
- April – June 2020: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle BEFORE you Dispose, Keep Recyclables out of the Landfill, Reuse Resources, Curbside Collection Reminders, No Sharps!, Only Rain Down the Storm Drain, Holiday Service Schedule, COVID-19 Announcement.
- January – March 2020: Collection Rates Increase January 1, 2020, How You Can Reduce Your Bill, Neighborhood Clean-Up Days, New Collection Program Services, Extra Bag Tags, Extra Yard Trimmings Bags, Holiday Service Schedule.
- October – December 2019: We are Excited to be Part of Your Community!, Blue Cart Lid Swap, Handy Kitchen Pail, Holiday Tree Collection, Manage FOG Properly, Holiday Service Schedule.
Billing Inserts and Postcards
- 2020 Holiday Tree Collection
- October – 2020: Street Sweeping and Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle with Green Gifts!
- October 2019: Street Sweeping & Do You Have Auto Pay? Sign Up For an Online Account!
- Recycling Resources for Single-Family Residential Customers
- Beyond Recycling Tips
- Buy Recycled
- Organics Recycling
- List of certified compostable bags
Food Scrap Recycling and Food Waste Reduction
- Managing Food Scraps at Home
- Usable Food Donation
- List of organizations in Contra Costa County that may accept food donations
- NRDC – Food Sustainability
- Food Rescue and Donation Information
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
Donation / Reuse
Hazardous Waste / Electronic Waste