Green Organics Program
Beginning October 1, 2019: Extra yard trimmings bags can be purchased from ACI and placed next to your green organics cart on collection day (only ACI bags are accepted). Residents subscribing to 64- or 96-gallon Organics service may also request one additional and/or a larger cart (up to 96-gallons) at no additional charge.
WHAT BELONGS IN THE ORGANICS?
Keep the stream clean! Proper sorting makes a difference! Thank you!
If bagged, please contain in paper or clear/compostable plastic. No black or white plastic bags.
- Fruits & vegetables (including peels, pits & rinds)
- Bread, pasta & other grains
- Dairy products
- Egg shells
- Coffee grounds & tea leaves
- Meat & bones
- Paper plates, cups, napkins & towels
- Coffee filters & tea bags
- Paper bags (used to contain/wrap food scraps)
- Paper takeout containers
- Newspaper (used to contain/wrap food scraps)
- Pizza boxes
- Wax paper & wax-coated boxes
- Paper gable top cartons (wax-lined)
- Wooden chopsticks
PLANTS, YARD TRIMMINGS & CLEAN WOOD
- Flowers, grass clippings, leaves & weeds
- Small branches (less than 6” in diameter and 3 feet in length)
- Clean dimensional lumber (less than 3 feet in length) free of paint, varnish, nails, screws, hardware, and fasteners.
For your convenience, a handy kitchen pail for the collection of food-soiled paper and food scraps is available from ACI. Simply empty the contents of the pail into your green organics cart. Please do not leave the pail at the curb for collection. Click here for the Handy Kitchen Pail flyer.
NØ RECYCLABLES, METAL, GLASS, GARBAGE, PET WASTE, DIAPERS, PERSONAL HYGIENE PRODUCTS, STYROFOAM®, DIRT, BRICK OR CONCRETE
NØ HAZARDOUS WASTE OR SHARPS
For information on proper disposal of Hazardous Waste please visit: www.sanramon.ca.gov/HHW