Gray Garbage Program
Overflow garbage will only be collected when pre-paid tags are affixed to the trash bag(s). Beginning October 1, 2019, call ACI to purchase tags or to arrange for additional service.
Materials from a construction, demolition or landscaping project do not belong in your carts. Beginning October 1, 2019, call ACI to order a temporary debris box for these items.
WHAT BELONGS IN THE GARBAGE?
Before discarding, please consider reusing or donating. Remember: Reduce, Reuse, Rot or Recycle!
NON-RECYCLABLE GLASS SUCH AS:
- Ceramics & drinking glasses
- Lightbulbs (no fluorescent)
- Mirrors & window glass
NON-RECYCLABLE PAPER SUCH AS:
- Carbon paper
- Laminated items
- Metallic wrapping paper
- Paper used for cleaning (soiled)
- Vacuum bags
PLASTICS NOT MARKED WITH #1 – #7 SUCH AS:
- 6-pack rings (please cut)
- Non-recyclable food packaging
- Plastic plates & utensils
- Plastic straws & stir sticks
- Records, tapes & CDs
- Shower curtain liners
- Tape (duct, packing, masking)
- Balloons (latex & mylar)
- Clothes hangers (metal and plastic)
- Personal hygiene products
- Foam & Styrofoam®
- Hose (garden or rubber)
- Pet feces (bagged)
- Single plastic bags & pieces of plastic film (bag-in-bag only – accepted in recycling)
- Rubber bands
- Textiles: rugs & mats, shoes, clothing & stuffed animals (that cannot be donated)
- Toothpaste tubes
- Toys (try donating first)
- Wood (treated)
NØ RECYCLABLES, DIRT, BRICK, CONCRETE, ORGANICS, HOT ASHES OR PRESSURIZED TANKS
NØ HAZARDOUS WASTE OR SHARPS
For information on proper disposal of Hazardous Waste please visit: www.sanramon.ca.gov/HHW
For a comprehensive list of what belongs in your collection carts, please click here.