Publications and Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help managers, owners, and residents of Multi-Family complexes make the most of our available programs and services. Download and print them from your own printer or contact us to request printed hard copies. Our printed materials utilize at least 30% PCW recycled paper, veggie/natural inks, and are recyclable.
Multi-Family Service Guide
What Belongs in the Recyclables?
What Belongs in the Organics?
What Belongs in the Garbage?
What happens to your Recyclables?
What happens to your Organics?
What happens to your Garbage?
Avoid Wishcycling and Reduction and Reuse Tips Flyer
Multi-Family Recycling Requirements
Multi-Family Program Reminders
Multi-Family Move-In Guide
Multi-Family Move Out Guide
- May 2022 – Proper Sorting is Essential, City and State Regulations Require Recycling and Composting – We Can Help!, Sorting Tip – Cardboard, Trash Free San Ramon, Holiday Service Schedule, Help Protect our Sorting Staff.
- February 2022 – Proper Sorting Makes a Difference (and it’s the law!), California Regulations Require Recycling and Composting, We Can Help With Compliance, Maintain Your Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms, Minimize Water Pollution, No Sharps!, Holiday Service Schedule.
- November 2021: Senate Bill 1383 – Starting January 1, 2021 – Make Sure You are Compliant!, Proper Sorting Makes a Difference!, Multi-Family Holliday Tree Collection, Holiday Service Schedule.
- August 2021: Does Your Complex Have the Right Levels of Service? Reduce Waste by Stopping Unwanted Mail, Holiday Service Schedule, Proper Sorting Makes a Difference, Special Resources for Multi-Family Customers are Available.
- May 2021: Proper Sorting is Essential! Recycling is Required, Sorting Tip – Cardboard, Help us Help You, Protect Our Sorting Staff, Virtual Resources, and Holiday Service Schedule.
- February 2021: Proper Sorting Makes a Difference (and it’s the law), Recycling and Composting are Required – We Can Help!, Collection Rate Increase, Landscaper Compliance, Minimize Water Pollution, No Sharps!
Billing Inserts and Postcards
- October 2021: Senate Bill 1383 California’s Short-Lived Climate Pollutant Reduction Strategy begins January 1, 2022.
- 2020 Holiday Tree Collection
- July 2020: City and State Regulations Require Recycling and Composting. We Can Help! Know What to Throw.
- November 2019: Do You Have Auto Pay? Garbage Rates Will Not Increase Until January 2020
- Recycling Resources for Multi-Family Customers
- State of California Mandatory Business & Multi-Family Recycling
- List of certified compostable bags
Food Scrap Recycling and Food Waste Reduction
- Managing Food Scraps at Home
- Usable Food Donation
- List of organizations in Contra Costa County that may accept food donations
- NRDC – Food Sustainability
- Food Rescue and Donation Information
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
Donation / Reuse
Hazardous Waste / Electronic Waste