NOVEL CORONA VIRUS UPDATE SERVICES PROVIDED BY ACI:
Currently, scheduled collection services are not affected.
Please check back here for any updates or changes to this schedule.
As an essential service, the employees at Alameda County Industries (ACI) will continue to work to provide the collection and processing of garbage, recyclables and organics for the jurisdictions and districts we serve. As we navigate this challenging time, help us continue to provide safe and efficient services. Thank you for your efforts.
KEEP OUR DRIVERS SAFE: properly sort your materials, make sure your container lids close to prevent overflow and litter, bag waste that may have bodily fluids on it and place in the gray garbage containers.
KEEP OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND BILLING STAFF SAFE, USE OUR WEBSITE TO: contact us, fill out service forms, get collection schedule information, set up or use your online account (select the red “Account login” button) to pay your bill, and more.
KEEP OUR NON-DRIVER STAFF SAFE: site visits shall be limited to essential purposes only (for example, following up on a safety issue). Site audits and instructional site visits where non-essential interaction with customer staff or other members of the public is required are suspended until further notice.
Please remember that:
- Food scraps and food-soiled paper belong in the green Organics containers.
- For take-out containers:
- Styrofoam belongs in the gray Garbage containers
- Plastic without a number belongs in the gray Garbage containers
- Plastic with a number belongs in the blue Recycle containers. Make sure they are empty, clean, and dry.
- Paper goes into the green Compost containers
Recycling Drop Off and Compost Giveaway Events have been postponed until further notice.
We will continue to “roll on” to support our customers. Together we can stay safe and get through this!
Please have your containers ready for service between the hours of 5:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on your regular collection day. If your containers are not serviced on their regularly scheduled day, we will return on the next service day. For health and safety, please make sure your collection containers lids close and bag all bathroom waste and any products containing bodily fluids and place in the garbage container.
The ACI offices are closed to the public. Our customer service representatives are available to assist you via phone, email, or the Contact Us feature on our website. Stay safe and thank you for your patience and understanding.
We encourage you to use/create an online account to make payments or make service changes. Click here to access or create an online account.
Commercial container changes will be limited for the near-term, but we will honor service changes on the customer’s account.
Contact us if you experience any service issues.
FAQ’s in regards to COVID-19
- Is the garbage service going to continue as normal during the Shelter-In-Place?
- Unless ACI of San Ramon’s workforce is directly affected by COVID-19 exposure, garbage service is expected to continue as normal.
- Can I stop service provided by ACI of San Ramon?
- Weekly garbage service is required by State and local ordinance (Ordinance No. 499, San Ramon Municipal Code Section B6-2) for occupied residences and businesses in order to maintain public health and safety. Non-essential businesses that are closed due to the Shelter-In-Place order can temporarily suspend service.
- Our residence is generating more material (recycling, organics, garbage) now that we’re sheltering in place. Can I put bags of extra material next to my carts for removal?
- Please help keep our workforce safe by placing all materials within your cart in order to minimize unnecessary contact with materials. If possible, please hold extra materials and place them in your cart for the next service day.
- If you must set out extra bags of garbage or yard trimmings outside of a cart, please purchase an extra garbage tag, or an extra yard trimmings bag by calling or emailing ACI of San Ramon’s customer service department. Your tags and/or bags will be mailed to your home. We cannot collect extra bags of garbage or organics set out at the curb – outside of a cart – that do not have an extra garbage tag or are not contained in an extra yard trimmings bag.
- If you must set out extra cardboard that won’t fit in your cart, please flatten the card board and cut it down to pieces no larger than 2 foot x 3 foot.
- I’m a business that is deemed “not essential” by the County’s Health Officer and now temporarily closed. Do I need to have service provided by ACI and/or pay my bill for past services provided by ACI?
- You may temporarily suspend service if your business closed. Please contact ACI by phone or email to make service level adjustments. You are responsible for paying for services already provided by ACI before you suspended your service
- I’m a business that is deemed “essential” by the County’s Health Officer and still open but need to reduce service. How can I make this adjustment?
- You may contact ACI of San Ramon by phone or email to adjust your service level. You are responsible for paying for services already provided by ACI before you reduced service.
- What happens if ACI of San Ramon doesn’t have enough drivers to provide service?
- In the event ACI of San Ramon’s workforce is directly affected by COVID-19 exposure and reduced in number, then ACI of San Ramon will continue providing collection service by prioritizing materials collected. Organics and garbage have the highest priority for weekly collection from residents and essential businesses. Recycling has secondary priority for weekly collection from residents and essential businesses. Neighborhood clean-up days and collection of bulky items would be a lower priority than recycling.
- Are the neighborhood clean-up days continuing as scheduled?
- Yes. The neighborhood clean-up days are continuing on-schedule at this time. Click here for the neighborhood clean-up day schedule
- Can I still request temporary debris boxes (dumpsters)?
- Yes, debris box services continue at this time.
- If my cart breaks, can I still get it replaced?
- Yes, cart (and bin) replacement services are available at this time.
- If there is any interruption in service, is my bill going to be reduced?
- ACI of San Ramon will work with local jurisdictions to establish policy on billing/payment in the event there are any disruptions in service due to COVID-19.