Publications and Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help businesses make the most of available programs and services. Print them from your own printer or contact us to request hard copies.
Commercial Service Guide
What Belongs in the Recyclables?
What Belongs in the Organics?
What Belongs in the Garbage?
What happens to your Recyclables?
What happens to your Organics?
What happens to your Garbage?
Avoid Wishcycling and Reduction and Reuse Tips Flyer
Commercial Program Reminders and Hazardous Waste Disposal
Commercial Recycling Requirements
- March 2020: No Additional Charge for Bin Push/Pull Services, Why Did Rates Increase on January 1, 2020?, California Regulations Require Recycling and Composting, Landscapers and Yard Trimmings, Holiday Service Schedule, Is Your Business Committed to Long-Term Sustainability? Become a Green Business Today!
- December 2019: We are Excited to be a Part of your Community!, California Regulations Require Recycling and Composting – We Can Help!, Food Scraps and Food-Soiled Paper Belong in the Green Organics Containers, Holiday Service Schedule.
- November 2019: Do You Have Auto Pay? Garbage Rates Will Not Increase Until January 2020
Food Scrap Recycling and Food Waste Reduction
- Usable Food Donation
- List of organizations in Contra Costa County that may accept food donations
- Mandatory Organics Recycling
- Food Scraps Management
- NRDC – Food Sustainability
- Food Rescue and Donation Information
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Cal Recycle
- City of San Ramon
- Reusable Transport Packaging Saves Your Company Money & Resources
- Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
- The ReThink Disposable Technical Assistance Program
Donation / Reuse
Hazardous Waste / Electronic Waste
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Offices
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Retail Establishments
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Food-Service Establishments
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Manufacturers