Cart Exchange Program
“The Cart Exchange process is a huge undertaking with many challenging aspects. We are making every effort to work with our contract crews to get carts delivered in a timely manner. We thank you for your patience.
Every effort is being made to have all three carts delivered on the same day. If there are delays on their scheduled exchange day, some customers may have one or two of their cart types delivered the next day (including Saturdays).
We are aware of the manufacturing defect on some of the blue recycling carts. We are working with the cart vendor to remedy the problem as soon as possible. In the meantime, please use your new blue recycling carts to collect recyclable materials. Thank you.”
San Ramon Residents: Your Collection Carts Will Be Exchanged. CLICK HERE TO FIND YOUR EXCHANGE DAY.
Beginning October 1, 2019, ACI of San Ramon will be your new service provider for the collection of RECYCLABLES, ORGANICS & GARBAGE.
- During the month of September 2019, your current Waste Management (WM) cart(s) will be exchanged for new carts provided by ACI of San Ramon.
- The size and number of carts provided will be based upon the services that are on your current WM bill.
- You will automatically be provided a second Recyclables and/or Organics cart if you currently have one.
- If you currently do not have an Organics cart, you will be provided with one.
THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO DETERMINE YOUR CART EXCHANGE DAY:
- Click here for the cart exchange calendar database.
- Enter your service address to see what day in September your carts will be exchanged.
- Call ACI of San Ramon at 925-380-9480.
If you are unable to have your carts out for exchange on the date listed, please contact ACI by phone at 925-380-9480 or email to reschedule your exchange date. Rescheduled exchanges will occur on your service day after October 1.
ON YOUR CART EXCHANGE DAY:
- Put all of your carts out (even if they are empty) for service on your scheduled collection day.
- On your exchange day, your current WM cart(s) will be serviced as usual and then collected by container exchange crews. Please leave the carts at the curb until they are exchanged. Do not put them away.
- Your new collection carts and a handy kitchen pail, provided by ACI of San Ramon, will be delivered by a separate exchange crew.
PLEASE START USING YOUR NEW COLLECTION CARTS IMMEDIATELY.
- The size and number of carts provided to you is based upon the services that are on your current Waste Management (WM) bill. Please contact ACI of San Ramon AFTER OCTOBER 1, 2019 to request changes to your cart service.
- Please remember that your collection carts must be put away out of public view after being exchanged and after they are serviced.
- WM will service the new carts until ACI of San Ramon begins collection services on October 1, 2019.
RECYCLABLES AND ORGANICS COLLECTION IS INCLUDED AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE.
- Customers may have up to two (2) RECYCLABLES carts and two (2) ORGANICS carts at no additional charge.
- RECYCLABLES and ORGANICS carts are available in four sizes: 20, 35, 64, and 96-gallon.
- If you currently did not have an ORGANICS cart, you were provided with one. Please contact ACI after October 1, 2019 to request a different size or an additional cart.
GARBAGE RATES WILL NOT CHANGE UNTIL JANUARY 1, 2020.
- ACI of San Ramon will charge the current 2019 garbage rates for October through December 2019.
- Click here for 2019 rates.
- Click here for 2020 rates.
Most customers can minimize garbage bills by properly sorting their waste to increase RECYCLABLES and ORGANICS service and decrease the amount of GARBAGE service needed. For an expanded list of what belongs in you rcarts, click here.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST USE THE NEW CARTS FOR COLLECTION SERVICES. OLD CARTS WILL NO LONGER BE SERVICED AFTER OCTOBER 1, 2019.